Five Saucy Senses
What perfume puts you in full-on snog-type mode?
- ABS: Jean Paul Gaultier - it drives me mad! I was at a train station once and this girl must've been wearing it, 'cause when she walked past, I got a whiff, and my belly went mental!
- RICH: Yeah, I love that one, too!
- SCOTT: I love Addiction and CKbe. I always notice perfumes, and I love being able to smell them on myself after a date's over!
- SEAN: I don't know about perfume, but I love it when you can smell hairspray on the back of a girl's neck. (Huh?)
- J: And I love the smell of a girl's hair when it's just been washed. Mmm...
What would you do if your girlfriend parped in front of you and it really ponged?
- SCOTT: Well it wouldn't mean curtains for the relationship or anything, but I reckon it'd really put me off.
- SEAN: Yeah! I'd be like, see you later then. (Tsk!)
- ABS: I'd just laugh and avoid the smell. I find things like that funny, big time.
- RICH: If I really loved her it'd be fine...
- J: Arrrghh! Stop it! I can't talk about it! I've got a real farting phobia!
If you had to smell of just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- ABS: Lemon
- SEAN: Something clean and fresh, like soap.
- SCOTT: Dax Wax, my hair wax.
- J: Coffee, 'cause I love it! But cinnamon's nice too.
- RICH: It'd have to be strawberries - gorgeous!
When you see a girl you fancy, what's the first thing you look at?
- RICH: Her face. Or her legs. Or her bum!
- SEAN: Smiles and eyes.
- ABS: Her face; then I work my way down...
- J: I check out her mouth - big full lips are gorgeous and so good to nibble!
- SCOTT: I look at her hair first - I get put off if a girl hasn't bothered with her hair.
How do you let a gal know when you really fancy her?
- RICH: Eye-contact. When I was little, people used to say, "Haven't you got nice eyes?" I hated that, but now I use it to my advantage!
- SCOTT: I just go up to her and tell her straight - you never know unless you try.
- J: Yeah, I go over and chat - if I'm feeling brave enough.
- ABS: I don't tell my mates if I like a girl - I won't put things in anyone
- SEAN: I just acknowledge her - y'know, nod my head at her and see how she reacts...
So what kind of girl are you really looking for?
- ABS: Well, I don't like loud girls - you know, girls who brag about this and that. I much prefer the natural, down-to-earth type.
- RICH: I like really sweet girls with a bit of mystery underneath...
- SCOTT: I just like girls! But I especially like it when they're not too shy and not to loud - somewhere in between's best.
- SEAN: I'm into deep and mature girls who'll stand by you. And I normally go for girls with dark, curly hair.
- J: Yeah, I really like girls with dark hair - and deep, dark eyes too.
If a girl played you her fave CD what would you be impressed to hear?
- J: Anything! I love all kinds of music - from Pavarotti to Iron Maiden.
- ABS: Something by Bobby Brown. If she played that it'd be, like, enough said.
- RICH: I'd be impressed by something romantic like Linger by The Cranberries
- SEAN: Yeah, if she put on something smoochy, I'd love it.
- SCOTT: A love song from the ' 80's like Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glen Medeiros. Ha ha!
If you had to serenade a girl, what song would you sing?
- J: Something by Luther Vandross
- ABS: It'd depend what she was into. If she liked heavy metal, I'd buy a rock album and learn a song from that!
- SCOTT: There's this love song we've recorded but it might not be used, so I'd sing that.
- SEAN: Something I'd written would be good.
- RICH: I've serenaded a girl before - she even stroked my hair while I was doing it!
What did your mum used to shout at you when you were naughty?
- ABS: "Tidy your room!" It was always a mess.
- SCOTT: Mine wouldn't shout, she'd whistle. I'd be outside and hear that whistle and not know whether I was in trouble or if dinner was ready!
- SEAN: My mum used to say, "Sean, can I have a word with you?" really calmly, then I knew I was in big trouble.
- RICH: Mine called me Richard instead of Richy, as she usually did. She'd shout, "RICHARD! Wait 'til I get you home!"
- J: I got sent upstairs - like the time I was three and I threw my dinner against the wall!
If a girl cooked you a meal, what'd you like best?
- SCOTT: Bangers and mash would be good.
- RICH: I'd be so impressed, I'd eat anything!
- J: Yeah, and whatever it was like I'd say it was lovely.
- SEAN: Well, I hate girls watching me eat, so it'd have to be something that
wasn't too messy.
- ABS: Something Indian and exotic with loads of chilli!
If a girl'd eaten garlic, would you want to kiss her?
- SEAN: If a girl had eaten anything strong smelling it'd put me off.
- RICH: Yep! If I really wanted to kiss her, it wouldn't matter.
- SCOTT: I wouldn't snog her if she'd eaten gherkins. But then again, I went to the chippy with this girl once and she had a gherkin then tried to kiss me. I really liked her so I let her!
- J: It'd be much better if she'd eaten chocolate or something, and still tasted of it.
- ABS: Ice cream would taste good too! Yeah, I could eat it off her lips!
(Grab the Haagen Dazs, girls!)
How d'you like to be snogged?
- SEAN: I'm saying nothing! (Darn)
- ABS: Well, I remember falling asleep next to this girl on the sofa once and she kissed me and it went on for about half an hour. I fell asleep thinking, like, yes. That was nice.
- SCOTT: I like being kissed on my stomach. I'd let anyone kiss my tummy!
- J: I remember my first kiss- it was when I was 13. I met this girl on holiday and we went to a disco and afterwards, she just leant over and kissed me. I didn't know what to say!
- RICH: My first kiss was behind the cricket pavilion when I was 11. Everyone used to go there to snog - there'd usually be eight or nine couples lined up!
How highly do you rate hugs?
- ABS: Oh, I love hugs - they're wicked. They're so intimate and really let a person know you care.
- SCOTT: Yeah, you can hug someone without actually having to say anything and they'll just know what you mean.
- SEAN: Hugs can do a lot of good. Sometimes, like when you're feeling lonely, a hug can really help to get rid of your problems...
- J: Yeah, there've been times when I've felt really lonely and actually ached for a hug.
- RICH: I love 'em too. My best one ever was in the school car park with this girl. We just stood and held eachother for ages.
If a girl held your hand in front of your mates, would you mind?
- ABS: Nope! I'd be proud, big time!
- RICH: And me.
- SCOTT: Yeah - you can still have a laugh with your mates without letting go of your girlfriend's hand.
- J: I like to show emotion, so I wouldn't be embarassed holding hands...or kissing!
- SEAN: There's a time and a place for stuff like that. I don't mind holding hands in public, but if I was talking to my mates, I wouldn't be so keen.
What should a girl do to touch your heart?
- J: Give me a winning Lottery ticket!
- ABS: She'd just be there when I needed her.
- SEAN: Surprise me - like turn up with a present, or take me away somewhere quiet where we can get to know eachother.
- SCOTT: Mmm, and understand me and like me for what I am.
- RICH: We should be able to face the bad times together and get through them even more in love - that's the ultimate.